Thursday, March 11, 2010

Biography: Rhett Gadke, Wine Director

I never imagined that my first job – slinging sandwiches at a deli in Cleveland – would lead to a career. I was exposed to wine by the proprietor and soon realized I had a pretty good palate for a pup (I also realized that girls were more impressed by a bottle of wine than a cheap six-pack). After graduating with a psychology degree from the University of Georgia, I decided against further academic pursuits in favor of the good life. After some soul searching about what I enjoyed and could make a living doing, food and wine seemed like a mighty fine option. And so it has come to pass. Coming up on 12 years with the Bounty Hunter, as Wine Director I get to taste some of the planet’s finest wines, write about and recommend them and regularly visit the world’s top wine regions on scouting missions. I also get to interact with some pretty incredible people along the way. It sure beats working for a living!

--Rhett Gadke, Wine Director

No comments:

Post a Comment